Thursday, March 24, 2011

Be a Hero!

 

 


With Easter right around the corner, finals are over, and the kids coming up on Spring break, it has felt like the last 3 months since Christmas past have gone by in a flurry of meetings, homework, illnesses, boo boo's, parties, friends, and now we get a sudden break. Where did the time go? How did I survive?

"He gives power to the faint and weary, and to him who has no might He increases strength [causing it to multiply and making it to abound]."

Isaiah 40: 29

I am so thankful for my Lord, who comforts and provides when I can't go on. He is my refuge and shelter. He gives me the extra 'umph', the extra 30 minutes of patience, the ability to breathe in Him and draw on His presence and power. HE also provided me with an AWESOME family, whom I am grateful for!! My darling children do their chores, play together, pray together, care about their friends and even rub my back! My husband. . . Well he's just the best. No other man will give baths, do dishes, bake a cake, while playing video games and listening to his wife whine about the day. Truly he is heaven sent.

In the picture is my family at a previous years' youth rally, "Be a Hero-be like Jesus!". How awesome it was to see everyone so pumped up on helping one another, striving for Christ like hearts, and bringing their friends to Sunday School so that they too could be saved. When I think about the devastation that is plaguing our planet lately, many probably wonder, what can I do? Well Jesus not only performed miracles, but He also taught and pray. Get involved with your local church. Lend a hand to someone who needs help. Pray for the families and workers who are serving in China and Haiti. Send a troop member a card. He's probably scared and missing his mother.

We can all do something. Maybe we feel tired or out of juice; but with God's mighty hand upon us, we too can BE a hero!